What is a Segment?
Segments give you the ability to target users with more personalized and more engaging push notifications by dividing your total user base into specific audiences based on attributes like activity, location, and interests.
How to create a Segment?
Segments are created from the "Segments" page on your Dashboard on getpushmonkey.com, by clicking on the orange "Add Segment" button.
You should now see the the form to add a Segment that looks like this:
This form contains a few important fields:
- The title of the segment is for your internal reference only. Please enter something relevant and easy to recognize later.
- The list of filters currently added to a Segment. When you start, this is empty.
- A list of events that you can add filters for.
- Once you're happy with your filters, click on the green "Save Segment" button.
What are filters?
Filters are components of a Segment help narrowing down your audience. A Segment can have one or more filters.
By default, all filter can track either the value of event, the time when it happened or the number of occurences.
The list of possible filters should now include this "Booked Flight" event. Click on it and decide what exact behaviour you would like to include in this segment.
How to create and track custom events
Events can be created in a 2 ways:
- manually from the Dashboard
Creating events manually
From the "Segments" page of your Dashboard, click on the "Events" button on the top right to get to the list of events. No click on the orange "Add Event" button on the top right.